Monday, January 30, 2012

Have you ever met a female hibachi chef?

I just got back from a Japanese steakhouse with my family, and it dawned on me that I've never seen a female cooking in front of one of those tables, and Japanese steakhouses have been a family tradition of mine for as long as I can remember.Have you ever met a female hibachi chef?
No, I never have. My ex and I used to go to one a lot and it was always men cooking for a table. The servers and hostess were always female. I suspect it's a cultural thing. I remember this one time the chef was cooking shrimp and threw a few shrimp tails at my face. I was pissed and I asked my husband what that was for. He said he thought it must be a "custom." I think the guy was probably on something :-)Have you ever met a female hibachi chef?
Wakarims'ka? Iron Chef say - oma no cook hibachi! Numbah ten! Very traditional - pass from father to son for generation - now fugu me, buddy!! No - not Fuku me - FUGU me! Blow fish! Iron Chef so solly - try again - no BLOW fish - CUT blowfish!! Hokay? (Baka apprentice! - hang head in shame, dishonour ancestor - hara-kiri soon! Now cut fish!).



No - no CAT fish - CUT fish! (Aeiy-ya - Oriental face palm, swing cleaver!).Have you ever met a female hibachi chef?
I never did , but I'm not surprised. It's cultural. males are the rulers, and the sheep follow.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_FurutaHave you ever met a female hibachi chef?
No, because it is not a woman's place to be in the kitch...err that didn't come out right.
Yup, something like it
  • publishing companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment