Sunday, February 26, 2012

Am I being short-sighted by encouraging my 8 year old's new career aspirations?

..."hibachi chef"



I figured my tuition would come back in the form of calamari, so it's all good, right?Am I being short-sighted by encouraging my 8 year old's new career aspirations?
chefs make no money. I don't know about you but I plan on pushing mine into the most affluent career that is possible, given his skill set. he's 2 so I am not completely aware of what his skill set is, other than whining... and talking about cars.Am I being short-sighted by encouraging my 8 year old's new career aspirations?
No, that's awesome!



And to be perfectly honest, in a year, maybe just a month, she'll probably loose interest and want to do something else, and that's totally ok too. But if she wants to be a chef of any kind that's a pretty awesome and ambitious aspiration! And it comes back with most excellent food.Am I being short-sighted by encouraging my 8 year old's new career aspirations?
nothing wrong with encouragement.



it's a heck of a lot better than parents who tell their kids they can't do anything.Am I being short-sighted by encouraging my 8 year old's new career aspirations?
Maybe you'd want to encourage her to be a bartender. One of those trick ones just so it looks more fun.
hibachi chef??? Id just be happy if mine could spell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment