Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it ok for a baby/toddler to eat sushi?

So today is my b-day and I'm going out to dinner and taking my 17 month old with us. I know my hubby and I will probably order sushi. Is it ok to give a toddler sushi? Or should I get the hibachi meal and my hubby get sushi and we split so my son won't have to eat sushi.



sushi... mmmmmmm LOLIs it ok for a baby/toddler to eat sushi?
Damn, I am now going to obsess over salmon sashimi all day!

California rolls are probably okay. You might want to just get an appetizer or side to share with your toddler (steamed veggies and rice? teriyaki chicken and rice?), or maybe get a combo plate - the sushi place I normally go to allows you to add 6 pieces of sushi or sashimi to a hibachi meal for a reasonable price,Is it ok for a baby/toddler to eat sushi?
NO! It is fine to eat while pregnant, as your body will defend your baby against bacteria. But a baby may get VERY sick from it, even if the sushi is fresh!



HOWEVER, there is some sushi a baby can eat, like vegetarian sushi and tomago (which is just cooked egg). Also, fish that are cooked already like eel or mackerel.
Depends on what type you are talking about giving him? But your concern should already be your answer so go with the hibachi meal.Is it ok for a baby/toddler to eat sushi?
I personally wouldn't risk it. A toddlers stomach is a lot more delicate then an adults. While we may be able to fight off parasites, your toddler may not. Happy Birthday!!!
Sushi can carry parasites. The risk is small but there so I would get a hibachi for your toddler.Is it ok for a baby/toddler to eat sushi?
you should not as sushi can contain parasites...
I'd give it to him without thinking twice
He should be fine eating sushi. Sounds really yummmy.
If you live close to the coast, I'd have no qualms but if you're landlocked, I'd be less likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment