Monday, February 20, 2012

How to eat at Japanese hibachi?

We went to a Japanese hibachi restaurant for the first time today. I wasn't sure when we were supposed to start eating. He prepared the rice first, then the seafood, then the steak and chicken. It was all plated within 3 minutes of each other but I didn't know if we were supposed to start eating the rice and seafood while the meat was still cooking or sit and wait until he was all done. And then the cleaning process where he threw cold water on the hot grill. He made a big show of it but I wanted to eat! Should've we waited until he was completely done cleaning before eating or should we eat while he is preparing each next step?How to eat at Japanese hibachi?
I don't know the technical Japanese answer...but I would say, hey, you're paying for it, eat it while it's hot! Eat it as it comes, and continue to cheer and applaud as he's doing more. That's what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment