Monday, February 20, 2012

[2nd attempt at this] How can I flavor shrimp to taste like it does at a Japanese steak house?

I hate shrimp, but the only way I really like it is at a Japanese steak house or Hibachi (?) grill or whatever it is called. I've seen it made in front of me, but I don't know what the sauces they use to flavor it are. If anyone knows PLEASE let me know, I have to make this recipe today!!

Thanks in advance..[2nd attempt at this] How can I flavor shrimp to taste like it does at a Japanese steak house?
I tried forever to imitate that taste using soy sauce, oyster sauce, teriyaki, etc, and could never really get it right. I finally found this stuff in a bottle on the Asian foods isle....the brand is House of Tsang and it's Classic Stir-Fry Sauce. Marinate the shrimp in some teriyaki sauce for a few hours, drain and then coat with the stir-fry sauce. Cook it on high heat till the shrimp is pink and firm. It should be pretty close.[2nd attempt at this] How can I flavor shrimp to taste like it does at a Japanese steak house?
Hi, Heres your answer as I live across the street from a Japanese resturant and have sampled thier food-marinate your shrimps in frige with teriyaki marinate for about 5 hours -skewer them-then cook on grill til done-yummy-if you do not have a grill-you can baked them wrapped in foil in your oven....ENJOY![2nd attempt at this] How can I flavor shrimp to taste like it does at a Japanese steak house?
The tepenyaki (sp) chef that prepared it could have done it a million ways. Not every Japanese steak house, uses the same recipes.[2nd attempt at this] How can I flavor shrimp to taste like it does at a Japanese steak house?
Stir fry in butter or marg, add a little soy sauce just before it is done.
Soy Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment