Thursday, February 16, 2012

What ingredients are in the basic fried rice from those US-based Japanese take-out restaurants?

I love making Asian fried rice and chicken dishes, but my attempts at Japanese fried rice and teryaki/hibachi chicken/steak/shrimp are definitely missing at least one important ingredient I just can't figure out. I've tried combinations of salt, white pepper, plum wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, but I never get it right. I know this isn't "true" Japanese cuisine, but I gotta know either: What are all the ingredients in this recipe (the one with rice, egg, corn, carrots and peas)?. Bonus points if you know of a recipe including any of those ingredients I'm missing.What ingredients are in the basic fried rice from those US-based Japanese take-out restaurants?
My mom makes fried rice with rice, eggs, peas, a small amount of garlic, and soy sauce. Other vegetables can be added too. Fry the rice in a wok, mixing in the garlic and soy sauce until the rice is a light brown. At the same time, scramble some eggs and mix those and the vegetables in with the rice. Takes maybe 30 minutes to throw together.What ingredients are in the basic fried rice from those US-based Japanese take-out restaurants?
When I ate there recently, he used butter to sautee and added rice, onion, peas, carrots, egg, soy sauce, and teryaki sauceWhat ingredients are in the basic fried rice from those US-based Japanese take-out restaurants?
You're pretty close. When I make fried rice - here's my recipe. I'm guessing at amounts because just eye-ball it. Boil and set aside 3 cups of white rice. Chop up 1 white onion and place in a micro-waveable bowl. Add 1 bag of frozen peas to onions and microwave until onions are see-through, it's about 3 minutes in mine. Chop up 1 cup of ham or cooked bacon - set aside. Scramble 6 eggs - set aside. In a wok or large frying pan, add 2 T vegetable oil and 1T sesame oil (adds a lot of flavor - maybe your missing ingredient!) and get the pan hot on med-hi heat. Add rice and stir until warm. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir fry for a few minutes. Add about 1/4 cup of soy sauce, adding more until it tastes right. I don't add any salt or pepper to my recipe, it doesn't seem to need it. You can also add carrots and corn of you like. Good luck!What ingredients are in the basic fried rice from those US-based Japanese take-out restaurants?
Keep it simple- make sure rice is a day old for the perfect texture. saute veggies, meats and eggs then add rice. season with soy sauce and garlic salt. absolutely perfect outcome everytime
wel mai da great fried rice it is usaully, mostly simple he put in tis asian sausage, egg, pork some vegatable... very important garlic make your rice has a nice aroma too....and well pepper and fish sauce OR soysauce.... that it usally but spices don't put anyhting else beside salt, and stuff like fish sauce adn soysauce pepper to ! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment