Friday, February 3, 2012

I recently went to a hibachi/ japanese restraunt?

i recently went to a hibachi/ japanese restraunt and they served me a slad before the meal it was white with a tint of pink and tasted a little like ginger...how can i make this sauce at home for my salads?..please helpI recently went to a hibachi/ japanese restraunt?
You hit it on the money. Google ginger salad dressing and you will get a million recipes. I suggest foodtv or epicurious websites



Here's one



http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Japanese-Gi鈥?/a>





----edit----



As the poster below me said, it could also be pickled ginger you are talking about. I am referring to a salad (as you indicated) but pickled ginger is typically served in teaspoon sized servings. It's intent is to cleanse the palate between courses but many love to eat the stuff plain. It is not normally served by it self in any size even remotely resembling salad size.I recently went to a hibachi/ japanese restraunt?
you can buy it at an asian store. It's often found near the produce section in major grocery stores as well. It is pickled ginger I think.I recently went to a hibachi/ japanese restraunt?
It definitely sounds like pickled ginger ... it's not really a sauce though. You can buy it premade at Asian grocers or the Asian section of your supermarket (in Australia you can anyway), or if you look up Japanese recipes you're sure to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment