Monday, February 13, 2012

Can someone recommend a good store brand of ginger sauce?

I love the dark brown ginger sauce that is served in Japanese hibachi restaurants, such as Bennihanna. Is there a good brand I can buy in the supermarket that will taste just as good? If you have tried them, please share with me which brands are good and which are bad so I know what to buy. Thanks!Can someone recommend a good store brand of ginger sauce?
No brand names, but I do have Benihana's recipe!





Benihana Ginger Sauce



5 ounces sliced onion, rinsed in running water for 15 minutes

2 ounces ginger, peeled and sliced thinly

1 lemon, peeled and chopped, juice squeezed

2 cups soy sauce

1 cup vinegar



Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix well. Stir mixture completely before serving. Ginger sauce may be stored in a plastic or stainless steel container in refrigerator for up to one week.



--Benihana websiteCan someone recommend a good store brand of ginger sauce?
http://www.google.com/products?q=ginger+鈥?/a>Can someone recommend a good store brand of ginger sauce?
Trader Joe'sCan someone recommend a good store brand of ginger sauce?
Some restaurants actually sell the ginger sauce they serve with dinner. Why don't you ask and find out? The Japanese hibachi restaurant near my house (not Bennihanna, but exactly like it) sells it by the pint/quart. Maybe try asking the restaurant where if you can buy it, or if they say no, maybe they can recommend where to get one similar. I hope I helped!
  • professor layton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment