Monday, February 13, 2012

What is that purple stuff they use for the fire in pu-pu platters?

It's driving me nuts!

It looks like a bit of purple crystal. It's in the little hibachi grill part and the waitress that I remember used to light it on fire.

I know it's some chemical compound or something.

I really wanna know the name of it, or even if anyone knows what I'm talking about cause as far as Google is concerned no one's ever heard of it but me. %26gt;.%26lt;What is that purple stuff they use for the fire in pu-pu platters?
The first person is right, that is the brand name , but essentially it is a gelled alcohol, we used it for chafing dishes, to start the charcoal/wood BBQ and for other food warmers, it burns clean, has not after tastes and is refillable.What is that purple stuff they use for the fire in pu-pu platters?
Sterno

No comments:

Post a Comment